Manifest Destiny in the Old World

02 November 2010

India Chalo!

A little over three weeks ago, I submitted a post that featured my Statement of Purpose. This was one of the components of the application for a study abroad program in Pune, India, for the Spring 2011 semester. On 21 October 2010 I received notification that I have been accepted into the program. At this point I am about a week behind on posts (there are several additional posts that should have been up by now), but I could not resist the opportunity to share the following video of the American University Bhangra team of Fall 2009. This video was our introduction to the Muqabla Competition in Buffalo, New York. We ended up placing third, which was far better than we originally anticipated. The theme was: "Forefathers," and in our video we attempted to portray a team in disarray due to a lack of a the guiding leadership of an important central figure. 

If you look closely, you can see your dear Saint Luc, in the video. I am wearing a red Liverpool football jersey and dancing like an idiot.



No comments:

Post a Comment